- Introduction to Tax in India
- Basic and Practical Aspects of GST
- Insights about Income Tax return filings
- Practical Approach on TDS return filings
- GST Audit & Assessment
A tax may be defined as a “pecuniary burden laid upon individuals or property owners to support the government, a payment exacted by legislative authority. A tax “is not a voluntary payment or donation but an enforced contribution under legislative authority”. Taxes consist of direct tax or indirect tax and may be paid in money or labour equivalent (often but not always unpaid labour).
Direct tax is a kind of charge imposed directly on the taxpayer and paid directly to the government by the persons (juristic or natural) on whom it is imposed. A direct tax cannot be shifted by the taxpayer to someone else. Some important direct taxes imposed in India are as under:
- Income Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Property Tax
- Inheritance (Estate) Tax
- Understand the basic tax structure in India for both Direct and Indirect Tax.
- Industry Ready Professionals.
- Taxes on income other than agricultural income
- Duties of customs including export duties
- Taxes on capital value of assets, exclusive of agricultural land, of individuals and companies, taxes on capital of companies
Curriculum is empty